Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have a 4010 with hydraulic issues. Both the loader and

Customer Question

We have a 4010 with hydraulic issues. Both the loader and rear cyl. move very slowly. Have replaced pump and have 2300 psi but not much improvement. Seems like an oil volume problem since we now know it's not a pressure issue. Hooked loader lines to another tractor and it works like it should so it's somewhere in the 4010 system. Any thoughts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok thanks
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: think I've covered it...thanks
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the pump is good then the next step is to get into the control valve an relief valves to look for damaged o rings, debris causing restrictions or sticking valves etc. Let me know

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm back. Apparently my credit card flagged the justask fee but that's fixed. Now for fixing the tractor. The control valve has been serviced so looks like relief valve may be the issue. Can you tell me everything I need to know about relief valves? How do I service them? Where the heck are they? If I just spent $ 1200 on a new pump and if this valve is the issue I'm gonna be fussy. Maybe we we at least have a usable loader..........................
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

thanks for the update When all hydraulics are slow it is a result of lack of flow of oil which almost always is related to a pump issue unless there is a restriction restricting flow of oil.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Well we now know it's not the pump. Any thoughts on where to start looking for restrictions
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
you don't think it's a
Relief valve now?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

What is your tractor serial number?

Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

Check the pump destroke valve and pressure control valve for debris and proper operation

Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

Pressure control valve

Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

Pump destroke valve

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
New pump
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

The pump destroke valve can be destroking the pump possibly. Click below to access the parts manual

Parts

Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

I know it is a new pump?????

Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

Its a variable displacement pump....Meaning it isn't always pumping at full stroke or volume.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 day ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 21 hours ago.
no, all we know so far is what it's not...................
Expert:  Dan replied 17 hours ago.

Would it be easier for us to get on the phone?

Expert:  Dan replied 17 hours ago.

JD has a destroke valve to destroke that pump. Does yours have the mechanical destoke valve or the electrical solenoid?