Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I would like to know if there is a fuse protecting the

Customer Question

I would like to know if there is a fuse protecting the alternator on a B3200 Kubota tractor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: OK
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have determined that the alternator is not charging the battery but I don't know if it is the alternator or a fuse etc.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

would not be a fuse keeping alternator from charging battery.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 days ago.

It does have voltage regulator under the dash, that has to control the alternator. It could be bad. Best to take them both off and have them tested.