Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a L3400 Kubota with a front loader and a finishing

Customer Question

I have a L3400 Kubota with a front loader and a finishing mower FDR1672; it has 676 hours and when I engage the pto this season, a rattle under tractor occurs and the mower does not engage.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: I have disconnected the mower to the pto and the pto runs fine; when the sleeve on the mower is disengaged the mower spins ok when you move the belt; help
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Finish mower drive shaft and its gear box ok? Turns freely when not attached to the tractor? Drive shaft u joints ok? If not the mower, do you have another implement, you could attach to see if it has same problem? With rear pto , it is a major problem to access the pto gears.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?