Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

1996 Deere 425 garden tractor. Leaking clear fluid near

Customer Question

1996 John Deere 425 garden tractor. Leaking clear fluid near front axle. Transaxle dipstick shows dry. Engine Oil level OK. Slight "catch" when turning front wheels.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks. is there a charge for this?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Heavy Equipment Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I am an elderly lady - is this a repair I can do myself? Before I go further.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 9 days ago.

Leak will be the power steering, either one of the hoses, or one of the cylinders. I don't know your expertise, but likely not something you will be able to repair. See the link below showing the hoses and cylinders. The transmission is reservoir for the steering, so it need to be filled.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response? Please rate to close the question.