Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My Kubota BX 1860 will start sputtering and losing power

Customer Question

My Kubota BX 1860 will start sputtering and losing power after about an hour of mowing. If you don't disengage the PTO the engine will die. If you disengage the PTO, the RPM's will build back up, but as soon as you engage to PTO to mow the engine will start bogging down again. The more you try to mow, the more frequent the problem will occur. Installed new fuel filters but that did not change or improve the problem in any way. What is my problem, and what can I do to correct it.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Kubota BX 1860. I will have to get serial number and send to you.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Inspect the fuel lines for restrictions or leaks. Bend the rubber line to inspect for dry rot cracks. If found, replace the fuel lines as they can be sucking air into the system. If okay check for a possible weak fuel pump not keeping up with the demand under a load. Let me know