Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I changed the fuel injector on a 445 Kowasaki and now the

Customer Question

I changed the fuel injector on a 445 Kowasaki and now the fuel just keeps floding the cylinders. Whats wrong?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: FD620D134430 is the engine serial number
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have two 445 J.D. garden tractors. One always seems to be getting to much gas when it starts( yopu can smell raw fuel. When it gets warm the problem goes away. I took the fuel injector off the one that runs good and put it on the one that gets to much fuel on start-up. I switched both injectors and now both seem to have excessive fuel into the cylinders and neithe unit will start. Now what. Is there something that needs to be done when injectors are installed?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I suppose there may be a certain proceedure that I should follow when the injector is replace or changed? Thats it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. check to see if there are any leaks or restrictions between the tank and pump causing a starvation of fuel or loss of supply pressure. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have a starvation problem. The fuel seems to be going through the fuel injector as soon as the ignition switch is turned on and flooding the cylinders. When I removed the spark plug and turned the engine over raw fuel shoots from both cylinders. is there something that has to be done before a new or used injector is put in the unit??
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Check the fuel pressure regulator, the diaphragm may be damaged and the fuel is dumping through it. See link below.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

have seen this before!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a chance to check the fuel regulator?