Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 2012 Montana Tractor model 2840. The last time I

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Montana Tractor model 2840.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: The last time I used it everything worked fine. but this time I started it up and put in gear it would not move. All it did was what sounded like gears grinding. I tried all the gears, high and low transfer, 2 and***** and forward and reverse, it did the same thing all the time. It sounds like the grinding is coming from under and behind the seat.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

How long has it been sitting? Raise a rear wheel and put in a low gear and see if the wheel will turn. If it does not turn the clutch is stuck. Leave one rear wheel on ground, or the opposite wheel will turn in other direction and not work transmission/clutch.

I see question is still open, did yu see my response?