Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 2002 Kubota L3300 GST and under the front end their

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Kubota L3300 GST and under the front end their is a hydralic cylinder for the steering and their is a verticle "pin" for lack of a better name with a notch on one side of it that is held in place by a flat piece of metal with two bolts. It fell out and fortunatly I found it and was able to make a new piece to hold it in place but the pin is very worn and had no grease on it and no grease fitting. it may have bushungs or bearings that I can't see. I have searched the net and can find no information regarding it. Can you help me identify it and what needs to be done to repair ir?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: L 3300 D 53865
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Monting uses no bushings. on th e cylinder end.

Bushing is in the cylinder end rod.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The steering cylinder mounting schematic shows it as the pin. What would cause this to turn back and forth enough to wear the pin and wear out the flange that holds it in place? Bad bushings? It has worn the pin enough that it causes the steering to have play in it.

Pin retainer may have been loose, and the pin was moving for some time, if bad enough, the frame wear can be bored out and bushings installed, with a new pin. Pin should not move, and the grease fitting is only for the bushing in the cylinder end.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The retainer was not loose but it was worn so bad that the pin fell out.

For pin to have worn into the frame bosses, it had to be loose for some time! Either bush it or fit a larger pin.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will do. Thanks.

Please rate to close and get me credit! Thanks,

Please rate to close and get me credit! Thanks