Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Kubota 7040 wont start. It acts like it is not getting feul,

Kubota 7040 wont start. It acts like it is not getting feul
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: M 7040 SN 6134
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes; Used tractor to feed and no problems. Tried to start on cold morning and wouldn't start. Changed fuel filter, bled fuel lines after changing fuel filter., replaced fuel pump and check fuses
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this time

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Two things to check, is the fule transfer pump suppying the injection pup with fuel? Seconds is the fuel solenoid on the front of the injection pump, is it getting voltage and allowing the fuel passage to open? See links above

I see question is still open, did you see my response? Please rate to close the question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is getting voltage do not know how much it should be receiving. It will start without the selonoid and then won't when it is put back on

Solenoid has to have full battery voltage, with key on at all times, to stay open.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if it's not? Only receiving 9 v when I test

Battery voltage above 12 volts? Follow the solenoid harness back, using wire colors and look for bad connection or relay that is not sending full voltage to the fuel solenoid.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Fuses inside can and on top or engine are good

Do yu have 12 volts at the fuses and to the relay that holds the fuel solenoid in the retracted position? Where is the voltage being lost? Did you try to trace the wire back.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
7.5 volts at selonoid
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tracing but it's tough

Yes, try to use the wire color for tracing back to the relay/dash area.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wires loose under floormat and from Connectors

I assume that was problem? Good Job!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ran out of daylight

oK>