Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 2000 kubota bx2200 when i start tractor and let go

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** have a 2000 kubota bx2200 when i start tractor and let go of the key the tractor shuts off. so far i have replaced nutral saftey switch,ignition switch, fuel shut off solinoid and run time relay(my tractor never had). and still won't keep running. help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i also replaced all fuses, that i could find.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Problem is the fuel shutoff solenoid is loosing voltage as soon as you turn switch from start. It has to have power as long as the key is on. Check to see if it has voltage to it when key is in the on position. Likely the timer for keyswitch is what is bad.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my tractor did not have a timer keyswitch but did have connection for one so i put it in. NO LUCK.

Check for voltage to the solenoid, it has to have voltage when key is on. Trace wire, it may come direct from keyswitch, and wire or connection is bad.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
also, i forgot to tell you, if i hold key in start tractor will keep running.

Solenoid had two coils, one is energized when key is in start position, the other is a smaller hold coil, which has to have power at all times the key is on. The start function pulls the coil and then the smaller coil is supposed to hold it.

You may be able to find different connection on key, that is on when key is in the on position, and off when key is shut off, and rewire it to the solenoid for hold function.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
as i said in first message i did replace the solenoid

Solenoid is good, voltage is not there to hold!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok ei can try
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
have power at start and at run

Does it stay retracted when in run?