Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 2015 kubota 1100. It has always been extremely hard

Customer Question

I have a 2015 kubota 1100. It has always been extremely hard to shift especially in shifting from reverse to forward. It is also difficult to shift from drive to another gear also. I have tried all recommendations from the dealer but none have been effective. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Model is rtvx1100c serial #14680 I believe it is 2014 not 15
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

This is cable operated shift, I think, have you gone direct to the transmission and removed cable and tried to shift it manually? re times than not, the had shift is cable biding and not the transmission. Also engine idle has to be low enough to keep the gears from grinding.