][\][iCk0411
][\][iCk0411,
Experience:  National Fleet Warranty Manager at GF Environmental
12570002

How do I attach a backhoe to my kubota tractors hydraulic

Customer Question

How do I attach a backhoe to my kubota tractors hydraulic system
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  ][\][iCk0411 replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Can I start by asking what is the Kubota Tractor we are installing the Backhoe on?

Is this Backhoe a Kubota attachment, or what brand?

Thank you kindly!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kubota L4400
Backhoe is a Titan LW-7
I have a bypass hose I was told to buy for it but there instructions are horrible.

Thank you for the fast response Sir. With the backhoe being an aftermarket model I just want to confirm the specs. Are you able to take a picture, or send a copy of the instructions you have? It is possible to attach the file, or picture to the message using the paper clip tab above the chat. Is this backhoe supposed to be wet line connect to hydraulics, or PTO driven?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry I'm not at the house right now but if you look up on Titan Attachments site you will see the LW-7 backhoe. It is ment for either or, that is why I bought the bypass hose. You will see on the web site it tells you to buy it to connect to tractor directly.

Okay great thank you Sir. Let me take a brief look at the site and see if we can clarify. So would you like to straight install to hydraulics instead of PTO driven?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is correct

After a brief look on the website there doesn't seem to be much literature on the LW-7 but no worries. Can you tell me how many lines come with the new Backhoe? Typically there is only two that come off the back of your Kubota, one line bigger than the other and they connect to your Backhoe. Is there a third hose that your calling the By-Pass?

Also, do you already have quick connect fittings for the back of the tractor, and the backhoe? Did the Backhow come with any of that?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not have any connections at the back of my tractor. There is two hoses that come out of the backhoe, one bigger than the other. The backhoe has its own tank but the bypass hose I bought is supposed to bypass that.

If you take a close look at the back of your tractor, is there any quick connect fittings? possibly a hydraulic line tucked in the back, passenger side that has a large quick connected together? I just want you to be absolutely sure you have any hook ups on your tractor, otherwise it will need the rear remote kit.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any advise?

Were you able to see if there was a hydraulic line, or quick couplers on your tractor? possibly a line tucked into the right rear side of the tractor, behind the wheel? It should be a hose that is looping two ports on that side of the unit.

Let me know for sure if there is anything on that side.

Should be simple as installing the bypass line and using the looped line on the tractor as the second line. Install the two lines between backhoe and tractor. Matching the port size and you can put quick couplers in between for easy disconnect.

The big question is whether your tractor has the hook ups, which most of them do, just a matter of locating, let me know if you need a picture as example.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't see anything on there but could you send a pic just to see if I'm looking for the right thing

Thank you for looking, Just want to be sure you don't see any of the attached fittings. The other scenario would be that this fitting would be looped in a hydraulic line at the back of the tractor, almost the right rear inner fender area. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't have that for sure

Okay thank you very much for taking the time to check for me. I believe that your tractor is not equipped with the Rear accessory hydraulic option. So, with that being said you would have two options.

Option one- Contact your local Kubota parts dealer and get a price on a Rear accessory hydraulic kit. First thing I would ask is to run your serial number to see if it was bought with any of the components. Installing the kit would allow it to have two ports like you see in the picture and it is as simple as plugging in the two lines and pins for your backhoe. This accessory kit should be able to be installed by yourself. Kit will come with steps on how to install.

Option #2- Go ahead and hook up the backhoe with the PTO drive option. This would mean just driveshaft set up and putting hydraulics in the stand alone hydraulic tank.

Let me know your thoughts but I think it will cost some more money and time to retrofit the tractor to be able to run hydraulically.

Thanks,

Good morning Sir!

I wanted to follow up to see what option you are going to proceed with and whether you had any questions? The question will stay open for atleast3 days but if you don't respond by then it could time out.

I will be on stand by to hear from you, have a good day!

Otherwise, I would greatly appreciate a rating for my services. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Got it all hooked up to tractors existing hydraulic system but I can't get the boom to go up and now my loader in the front is slow. Almost like i don't have enough pressure. I have a pic of what I did.

That's excellent Sir! I'm glad you were able to find the Aux ports on the machine. Were you able to top up the hydraulics on the machine once connected? Does it speed up at all one you increase the RPM's? typically the rpms need to be around 1500 for any performance. Let me know how that goes. If the backhoe was primed with oil then it shouldn't need to be bled. but if you are not sure you can just carefully crack the lines on the cylinder just slightly to let the air out if your thinking it could be air locked.

I took a look at the pictures and I just wanted to check, are the two lines going to the front for the front loader bucket? So you've added the T fitting to install the back lines?

Did he backhoe have the recommended hydraulic specs like GPM rating that we could compare with the Kubota instructions?

If nothing else is working I am leaning toward re-routing those lines so let me know if your able to get it going.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The GPM ratings are in line at the titan website. Sorry to be a pain but you are very helpful so far. Just bare with me a little longer.

Thank you Sir, and not to worry, as long as you are happy with my service then it will take as long as it takes to finish and I don't mind at all.

Is there any performance difference once you rev the engine up? your sure it doesn't need to be bled?

I just want to check before we try a re-route. Are you able to take a picture of the titan instructions provided like you did with that last picture?

I'm almost positive it needs the lines re-routed if all this seems good to you so let me know and I will send a little diagram if the Titan instructions didn't have anything.

Thanks,

Good day to you! I wanted to follow up to see how you were progressing? Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Hello Will,

have you had an luck with the backhoe yet? I wanted to check in to see before the question times out. Anything else at all I would be happy to help, otherwise, a rating would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day!