Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I recently purchased a used kubota mx5100d tractor, serial

Customer Question

I recently purchased a used kubota mx5100d tractor, serial number 51568. I have tried very hard to find out what year this tractor is but I can't determine. Could you identify the year of the tractor for me?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: The tractor is labeled as mx5100 and the serial number is ***** 51568
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, I was told that the tractor was a 2012 model. Then someone else told me they thought it was a 2008. When I look on line I show that the mx5100 series was manufactured from 2009 thru 2014. I don't know what to believe. please help me determine the factual manufacturer date please.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

With Kubota production at 12500 per year, this looks to be a 2012 tractor, Only the Kubota factory will have exact s/n to year model.