Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I just replaced the fuel cut-off solenoid in my Montana

Customer Question

I just replaced the fuel cut-off solenoid in my Montana tractor with a John Deere Engine. The new fuel solenoid started the tractor and worked for 1 day, it now blows a fuse and appears to have a short. Same as original problem. Before the replacement. Any suggestions? I can't afford to keep replacing these. Is there any way to just install a mechanical cut-off?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 days ago.

Do you have part number of the fuel solenoid/ How does it mount? Is there any adjustment to it, or it just slips in and bolts to the left side of the housing?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 days ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response? If solenoid is in the linkage, it has to be adjusted, so it bottoms out , or it will get hot and burn out the large pull coil. The small hold coil has to be the only on energized when tractor is running.