Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 8300 JD tractor. Had to tow the tractor last year

Customer Question

I have a 8300 JD tractor. Had to tow the tractor last year and we got that valve released so the tractor would free wheel because the motor was bad. Got the motor overhauled but we cannot get park to work again. Is there something that we are missing to do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of, I have talked to JD mechanics and all they say it is g
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 5 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** assume that you have pulled out the tow button and the brake wont release? if has been sitting that long im sure the pressure has long sence bleed off. so with that being said the tractor should be throwing some trouble codes. can you extract them and reply with your results?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no trouble codes we have been using tractor all spring and summer and fall, just don't have park, everything else works.

understood. does the park light illuminate when park is selected?