Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Deere 2520 Utilities Tractor That would start but

Customer Question

I have a John Deere 2520 Utilities Tractor That would start but would not run.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: I have a John Deere 2520 utility Tractor ...will start,but will not run..It is a diesel with many relays under the pannel do not know which on causing it to not run.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: It just stop with no reasons ....all the filters are change whTd ...could not find WHAT CAUSING the stopages ?
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to taping on different relanys... think it may be stuck on off.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

2520 is made in two version one older model, with 4 cyinder diesel, newer 2520 compact tractor with three cylinder diesel. Which is this?

# 29 in the compact tractor injection system is on/off solenoid. In the link above. It has to retract and stay retracted, or engine dies. If it has voltage to it and is not retracted, the solenoid is bad.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you find problem at the fuel solenoid?