Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Need info on how to correctly install sliding shifter on

Customer Question

Need info on how to correctly install sliding shifter on Belarus 31 hp tractor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes tractor was hung up in gear pulled top plate off then put shifter back in the way I thought it came out . Now works in forward gears but not reverse
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that the tractor has 2 shifters with 6 forward gears high and low range and I think 6 reverse tractor was given to me for a parts tractor I have another Belarus but with different gear set up
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I thought you had an expert avaliable to answer my question but apparently not . So unless this is still going to cost me $46 don't worry about an answer . I can further investigate the problem and get back to you later if necessary Thanks Eric Elliott
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

When you have the cover off, you have to move the shift rails in the transmission to the neutral position on both sections, Where all gears will rotate, but nothing is being driven, then you install the shift levers into the neutral slots, and bolt cover down with a couple of bolts, then test. If it works, install all the bolts and your good to go.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Curtis Im pretty sure thats the way I did it before but I will give that a try and let U know the results but it probably want be till tomorrow. Also how do you know for sure which are the neutral slots . Do you know if there are any drawings avaliable to show this .
Again Thanks Eric

Sorry on the Belarus, very little information. But I bet you didn't have both in neutral!