Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 5205 Deere 4wd. The immediate turn of the ignition

Customer Question

I have a 5205 John Deere 4wd. The immediate turn of the ignition switch will blow the 30 amp fuse for starting ( bottom left fuse) The relay when arced across will turn the starter. The lights work with key in on position.All wiring seems in good condition. Help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Can the ignition switch cause a fuse to blow?
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What and where do I look and or replace?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Two things to check, the fuel shutoff solenoid at the injector pump, can be shorted, just unplug it and see if fuse still blows. Next would be the alternator, same test, unplug the alternator and see if fuse still blows.

I see question is still open, did you find short?