Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I am unable to start my Kubota b3350su. I replace the

Customer Question

I am unable to start my Kubota b3350su. I replace the battery and clean the terminals but when I turn the key I just hear clicks. its a 2014 with only 50 hours on it.I feel like maybe there's some lever or control I have not disengaged which is preventing it from starting
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

Glow plugs light up? You get the clicks as you turn key on, or when you turn to start?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

If at key to start, safety switches should be made, and problem my be starter. Do you have voltmeter to test voltage at the starter.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Curtis,This morning when I first tried to start it the engine turned over and began to ignite for 4-5 seconds but it struggled and then died. I tried it a second time and it lasted 3-4 seconds and died. Attempts after that resulted only in a rapid clicking sound. Then I attempted to jump start it with a second vehicle, but the results were the same from a rapid clicking sound the key was turned all the way over to the right.Installed a new battery after cleaning the cables' connectors. And the results were the same rapid clicking only when the key was turned all the way to the right. Lights on the instrument panel seem to work.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

Do you have voltmeter to check battery voltage? The rapid clicking is battery or cable problem. Voltage is not getting to the starter solenoid , the rapid clicking is solenoid not closing solidly. Were the battery covers removed from new battery posts? Is batery voltage above 13 volts to indicate it is fully charged?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Red and black battery post covers were removed and post connectors were cleaned and tightened down.
Do not have a voltmeter. Don't know if the new battery from NAPA is above 13 volts. Is there a volt readout on the dash board display?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

You have a battery charger? See if it shows battery voltage, There is no readout I know of on the dash panel.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have a basic charger. I'll hook it up and get back to you.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Curtis,
The meter on the charger is calibrated from 0 - 10 +. I attached it to the new battery installed in the tractor and the meter read 5 volts.Should I remove it from the tractor and put it on trickle charge?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

No, leave it in tractor and let it charge at least an hour.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Curtis,
Will do.
Thanks.
Dick
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

OK> Let me know.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 16 days ago.

I see question is still open. Did the battery get it going after charging? Please rate to close.