Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Have a 1951 Deere M that won' start. NO electricity to spark

Customer Question

Have a 1951 John Deere M that won' start. NO electricity to spark plug. Electric flow to distributer but not to plug.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Model M, Serial M-46705
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, Myself. Traced electric flow . First voltage only to coil, tried a new coil same problem, cleaned and remounted pose through distributer, then had electricity to outside distributor. Points are opening/closing but no spar when plug is out and grounded
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: A local mechanic advised me about the distributor post problem. Continuity test shows no grounding from post to distributor shell, but if ignition is on the shell is electrified.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Points in the distributor and not a magneto? Did you replace the points and the condenser? Either will kill spark. Do you have voltage to the distributor from the coil?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my reponse?