Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

When I release my brake clutch engine shuts down. I have by

Customer Question

When I release my brake clutch engine shuts down. I have by passed seat safety. Also checked both brake swithes seem to be good. Loop back cable on left side before switch and it stay runing. Put new switch on and it still dies when let brake clutch pedal out?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Make and model number? You changed switch, but did you test the wires to the switch for continuity?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2007 John Deere x700

OK, did you go back and put seat switch back in circuit? The run circuit is not complete. So it has to be seat, brake, or pto switch, or the harness between them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Put seat switch back in line and have same problem of engine shifting off when I let off on my brake clutch pedal
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You have not helped me at all yet , please be more in detail

Let me opt out. I am not up on the x700. Sorry. let's see if someone else can help.