Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a dk45 that has been good dor 15 years. Recentlu it

Customer Question

I have a dk45 that has been good dor 15 years. Recentlu it is not starting well. I switch the glow plug heater on severl times before cranking it and it just puffs out white smoke. after several tries it will starrt with a puff of black smoke and then seems to run fine. suffestions to trouble shoot?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine? Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: DK45 s#056700031
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 21 days ago.

Hi my name is***** symptoms point to worn injectors and injection pump. You should also check for low compression or excessive blowby which causes incomplete combustion. If okay then verify the glow plugs and circuit is functioning properly and then I recommend doing the injection pump. Let me know