spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types semis,forklifts,farm,fire,ect.
65057319

I have a KTA 1150 in a versatile tractor and it started to

Customer Question

Hey I have a KTA 1150 in a versatile tractor and it started to over heat. It was working fine then my heater quit working when I was going down the field and shortly after I realized my temp started to go up and the high temp light came on, I checked the coolant level it was about 2 gallons low but its a 21 gallon system
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: it is an 1150 versatile 1982 year not sure on the exact model and serial number
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 23 days ago.

Good morning sorry for delay

Two common things come to mind,

the after cooler can leak coolant into cylinders and burn off in exhaust without you seeing any leaks

pressure testing is needed to confirm or you can remove it and usually see traces of coolant on air side of cooler

Next would be a blown head gasket or cracked head you would need to do a combustion gas leak test to confirm if you are getting exhaust gases in coolant and it's being burned out exhaust, a test kit is available at most truck shops or search online click here to view test kit

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 19 days ago.

Thank you