Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Thanks Curtis, I have a B7510, 700 hours, and it started

Customer Question

Thanks Curtis, I have a B7510, 700 hours, and it started sputtering and eventually shut down. I drained the tank entirely, replaced the fuel filter, added fresh diesel, and the new filter filled up with fuel when I turned the key. I also hear a sound (clack) of something responding, thinking fuel pump. Was doing some research trying to chase down the problem before paying the big bucks at the dealer. I will blow out the fuel lines tonight after work. One question: When I disconnect the fuel line from the fuel pump, then turn the key, what flow of diesel should I expect. Drips or squirts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's it.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 27 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 27 days ago.

b7510 has electric solenoid om the left side of the injection pump body. This solenoid has to retract as soon as the key is turned on, and has to stay open. The inner linkage has to move with the solenoid, or you get no fuel(squirting ) at the injector nozzles! If it just drips, the linkage is in the no fule position. You might be able to reach into the solenoids cavity and see if the linkage is moving, it should be spring loaded, and when you push n it, it should return to the on position. See link below for the solenoid.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 20 days ago.

I see question is still open. Did you see my response? Please rate to close and get me credit!