Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have old toyota 175a? it was low on fluid. i put 303

Customer Question

i have old toyota 175a? it was low on fluid. i put 303 hydraulic/trans fluid in . it drive about 100 feet and doesnt deem to want to got forward or reverse now. still lifts and steers fine
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: could be 176a?
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all...thanks
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Model number does not show. What is this, I was thinking Toyota skidsteer.? The skidsteer typically has two hydraulic circuits and pumps, the hydraulics and the drive would be separate. Look for a filter on the suction to the drive pumps. If filter plugs, it stops oil flow, has no bypass, to keep any debris from entering drive system from a bypassing filter. Try a new filter.