Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I am trying to replace the Deere model 790 bucket seal and

Customer Question

hi! i am trying to replace the john Deere model 790 bucket seal and running into problems taking out the compressed medal ring, any easy answer, the kit i purchased has all plastic rings
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: hydraulic arm seals
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else yet
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 28 days ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** this an excavator? if so are we talking about the bucket curl cylinder?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Not an excavator, just a regular tractor with front loader, yes it would be a curl cylinder I have a picture attached
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I may not have to remove this metal ring

i think i see what your having an issue with. it is deceiving because its so thin. just work a small blade screw driver in there and collasp it. i think i saw the new one in the second pic? laying net to the snap ring plyers?