Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

How is the best way to identify leaks in my kx91-3,

Customer Question

How is the best way to identify leaks in my kx91-3
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: M-pfp3700. s.(###) ###-####-382
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm antisapating at this point,at how to identify and tighten the fitting causing the pool of oil. They are not very accessible.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I wish I could give you a great answer, but when looking for leaks, it comes down to cleaning the area, and using a good light, and inspection, locate the leak source, knowing that oil will flow down from the source and can follow grooves and hoses, giving the indication at they are leaking, when actually leak is above. And oil can spray from leak and may be on the opposite side of where it shows! Bot***** *****ne find source, before removing part to repair, or you will be doing it again.