Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My 1240 tractor won't shut off, Thanks, Ive pulled all the

Customer Question

my 1240 tractor won't shut off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thanks
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive pulled all the regular fuses and one of the slo blows. The trtactor is sitting in ger and runninfg, none of the gauges work
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Model? Case compact 1240? Or ?? I assume you had to cut fuel supply or close off air to kill engine. Is tractor killed by key being shut off? If so, it has an electric shutoff solenoid, Does this solenid get 12 volts ,to let it pull, when key is turned off?