Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have an old Kubota BF-300. Great workhorse. Was using box

Customer Question

I have an old Kubota BF-300 . Great workhorse. Was using box scraper and got in too deep and stalled it. Can't get it to start. I have been having problems starting it and have been jumping the battery with my truck - thought maybe I need a new battery and haven't had a chance to go get it. But now it won't start even if I have it hooked up to jumper cables to my car? The +terminal does look a little beat up but even if its bad- shouldn't it start under jump?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Do you have a voltmeter , to see if you are getting good voltage to the starter, when trying to jump? The jumpers through old battery and cables, may not be enough to overcome the resistance of the battery and cable connections. Best bet is to remove the battery and clean the cables and connections and use another battery to see if unit will start.