Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I HAVE A FORD 3000 LATE 70S I DRAINED THE HUYD OIL I PULLD

Customer Question

I HAVE A FORD 3000 LATE 70S I DRAINED THE HUYD OIL I PULLD THE PLUG IN THE BACK. AND THEN THE ONE IN THE FRONT DONT HAVE THE RIGHT SIZE TOOL FOR THE ONE IN THE MID. DRAINED ALL OIL REPLACE PLUGS . PUT 6 GAL. OF 134D IN. STARTED UP AND NOTHING HAPPEN 3PT WONT GO UP FRONT BUCKET WONT GO
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

Oil quantity is correct, so what hydraulic pump do you have? One mounted on top, just behind engine, or on the transmission housing, just behind then step? Oil pump may have lost prime, and if oil does not pickup, the pump can be primed by removeing hose to pump, stuffing pump full of grease, and re-installing the hose. This will allow a better seal at the pump and should let pump pickup fluid.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
pump is on transmission housing can i let it run to see if it will pick up prime.. i let it run for 2 min and didnt do ant thing
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

You don't want to let it run long, but reving the engine up to high idle might get it going.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
ill give both ways a try thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 28 days ago.

OK> Please rate to close.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 23 days ago.

Question is still open, I need a rating to get credit!