Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

2008 320 JD skid steer .. l put a new in line and water

Customer Question

2008 320 JD skid steer .. l put a new in line and water separate fuel filter... starts and run good for a while... and then stalls.. when it stalls ,
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: T00320A149609
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes.. new inline fuel filter.. new water separates fuel filter..
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I prime the pump on the filter.. it starts good .. but in a while it stalls.. at that point there is no fuel in the separate filter.. there is tiny air bubbles in the in line fuel filter.. and the inline filter has no fuel in it..some time when the machine starts to stall.. if I stop and reduce the rpms it get fuel and runs good for a while...it seems to start stalling when it is not on level ground...
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Make a test line, from the new separator inlet, back into the fuel tank filler opening and run with the tank and outlet line bypassed. I think you have a restriction or trash in the tank or outlet.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will try this ...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did not work.. ran for a minute or 2 then starved for fuel..

oK, bypass your new separator, it may be probelm!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still no luck.. if there is a restriction or trash..... how would l clear

?? Has to be lack of fuel from the tank, and before the fuel transfer pump. You have blew out all the lines, and have no vacuum leaks ? think there is problem with the tank and outlet line. Will it run with direct line to the fuel transfer pump . into a separate fuel container?