Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Farmtrac 360DTC we have replaced the clutch but are

Customer Question

I have a Farmtrac 360DTC we have replaced the clutch but are having trouble getting it back together. The splines on drive shaft and clutch plate do not appear to be lining up easily. We used an alignment tool on clutch to flywheel. Any suggestions.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Did you compare the new clutch disc to the old disc? Did you slip it up on the transmission input shaft to see if spline matched? Are you turning the transmission shaft while trying to insert the shaft into the disc?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
clutch disc matches fine. There is a PTO shaft in center of drive shaft. How are you to line it up? And should the transmission be in gear or neutral to spin drive shaft?

Put transmission in gear, so the shaft is rigid and can move as you rock the engine back and forth. Also have pto in gear, so it will catch spline.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have done all that. PTO is electric engagement. You are no help. Thanks.

Are you using line up dowels between transmission and engine? are spaces equal? Are you turning the engine??

I see question is till open, did you find probelm?