Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

We have a small Kubota Tractor and now the back rear tire is

Customer Question

We have a small Kubota Tractor and now the back rear tire is making a "rubbing sound". What do you think the problem is?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The heavy equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: OK
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried nothing. We would like to fix it ourselves, if possible.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Maybe 1 more thing...if the tractor is in***** the "rubbing noise" is not as loud.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

When does it make the noise? Tire can be slipping on the wheel , if it makes the noise under load. Check air pressure in both rear tires, and see if either is low.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will check the air pressure in both tires, but the noise is there all the time with no load at all.

Nothing stuck between tire and the fender? Not brake dragging?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing stuck and no brake dragging. Could it be something in the axle on the right hand side only?

Sure, raise one axle at a time and turn the axle by hand. Is there difference between on side and the other?

I see question is still open, did you find problem?