Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 648H 2008 johndeer skidder it runs the battery down

Customer Question

I have a 648H 2008 johndeer skidder it runs the battery down we put a alternator on it but it still runs the battery down do you no what it can be
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Im not at home but ill get back with you as soon as i make it home the size is a 648H Johndeere
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont have the serial number with me right now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Bosch alternator? The alternator will not start to charge until it is excited with battery voltage on the exciter . Use voltmeter to see if the exciter is getting voltage. A jumper wire from the battery output terminal will start it to charge, but is not a long term solution. Here's is a blog I found , that shows the various Bosch alternator. take a look and see how yr's is wired. Then check the exciter wire, and go from there. Typical alternator is excited as soon as key is turned on, or can be wired through an oil pressure switch that has to close.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My serial number is *****
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

oK< I don't need it!