Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My Branson 3510 transmission is locked up. The 4 speed

Customer Question

My Branson 3510 transmission is locked up. The 4 speed shifter on the right appears to have enguaged 2 gears at once.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Branson 3510 SNCE7B00246
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Looked in my owners manual and there are no diagrams or instructions for adjusting the shifter. I am mechanically inclined and not afraid to try something new. Looking for pics, drawings, instructions, etc before I start.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Can you remove the shift cover, to access the inner gears and shafts? With cover off, you can manipulate the gears back into neutral, slip cover back on, and with a couple of bolts in cover, test. If all is well, reinstall the cover. This is same procedure that is used on older ford/massey tractors.