Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a new Kubota MX5200. I ran over a stump and

Customer Question

I have a new Kubota MX5200. I ran over a stump and immediately hit the brakes. The right brake pedal went down about 6" and is stuck. Right wheel does not move. How should I get the pedal back up and the brake loose?
Thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Brake has lock on it, is it holding the brake pedal linkage? Use both feet on the right brake, and push as hard as you can, and try to release the lock lever!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is the lock the same as the parking brake?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

No, the brake pedals have a separate lock, so you can lock the brakes. Let me see if I can find a picture.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

look for pedal on the left end of the brake pedal area, a separate pedal that would be pushed to lock brake. If you can't find it, you can go to the link at the right axle housing and pull the pin on the brake link to axle. It may be listed as park brake! Park brake not shown in parts list!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay, I'll check this out tomorrow.Thanks.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open, did you find brake problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help. However, the problem was the linkage was stuck and it took a service technician with a big screwdriver and big hammer about 15 seconds to make it go back in place.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

!! Thanks for the reply. Please rate to close the question.