Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

2010 Bobcat CT225 (compact tractor). No start, has plenty

Customer Question

2010 Bobcat CT225 (compact tractor). No start, has plenty fuel. 25 Amp fuse in fuel shut-off circuit blows on start up but tractor runs. I bypassed that circuit from fuse (hot side) to relay connector, worked several times. Now no start @ all. Thanks Gary
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Ok, Thanks
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Sounds like the fuel shutoff may be shorted. Slip it back, and see if engine runs. The solenoid has to power up and retract for engine to run.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Slip it back means what?

unbolt the two screws holding the fuel solenoid, and slip it back, engine should run without it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If that works does that mean a new solenoid?

You can then check the solenoid, to see if it is retracting on bench test. Likey the solenoid is shorted.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll try it.
Thanks, Gary
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

I see question is still open. Did you find problem?