Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 1964 case 530 ck tractor gas engine. It was running

Customer Question

I have a 1964 case 530 ck tractor gas engine. It was running great then one day I started it ran rough it stalled I could not getted started again.I getting spark an fuel.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

You have spark and fuel. Remove the # 1 spark plug and remove the distributor cap, then spin engine and watch the position of the rotor when the # 1 cylinder bows compression. Do it a few times so you get a good idea of where the rotor is, Then compare it to the distributor cap # 1 wire position. If it is close, should be ok, if it is off, by a 1/4 turn timing has moved.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

If timing looks ok, check the butterfly in the carburetor, the throttle shaft may have broken on it or the governor, Next would be to do a compression test.