Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Hooked power beyond for a rear remote now the 3 point hitch

Customer Question

Hooked power beyond for a rear remote now the 3 point hitch has no power even though it moves up and down.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: its a L3800
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it's hooked up and the remote works but nog the 3 point
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Is this an add on power beyond valve coming off the loader valve? No instructions? When adding a power beyond valve, there is an internal passage in the existing valve body that has to be plugged, or the fluid will not pressure up the original system. Typically it is a pipe plug or an o'ring boss fitting that has to be installed in the valve.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just got to the tractor. I added the remote it wasn't factory. The original valve body has two ports one that lines up with the port on the new valve that only has one port. I don't know how I could plug the other port on the original valve w/o it creating a gap between the old and new valve bodies.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Was it a kit? Did it mention port and come with an extra plug? Can you attach pictures?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

I see question is still open. DI d you find where pressure was bypassing?