Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I HAVE AN LX280 DEERE GARDEN TRACTOR THAT QUIT RUNNING,

Customer Question

I HAVE AN LX280 JOHN DEERE GARDEN TRACTOR THAT QUIT RUNNING
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: WHILE I WAS MOWING. ITURNED ON THE HEAD LIGHTS AND IT STARTED TO NOT RUN CORRECTLY. I SHUT THE LIGHTS OFF RIGHT AWAY AND IT RAN BUT NOT RIGHT THEN I JUST STOPPED.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I PULLED THE BATTERY AND HAD IT TESTED AND FOUND THAT IT WAS BAD. I PUT IN A NEW BATTERY AND IT WILL NOT TURN OVER OR STARTT.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Battery was bad, but with new battery nothing? Have you located the ignition fuse and checked it? Do you have a voltmeter to check for voltage?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

See link above. The fuses are behind the ignition module.