Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Bx1500 that every once in awhile would not start,

Customer Question

I have a Bx1500 that every once in awhile would not start, just made a clicking noise, I played with the safety switch under the seat a couple times and got it started. Now it's starts fine but when I engage the PTO for the belly mower nothing happens. No noise changes, just not activating PTO,, any suggestions?? B
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

From what I see on the front pto, it is a mechanically engaged pto . using a lever . It shows no electrical components. Am seeing this right? Is the lever moving the shaft going into the transmission housing? Does the rear pto shaft work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't checked to see if rear PTO is engaging, there is a lever to mechanically engage PTO and a electrical switch under lever that when lever is engaged has a button that releases.. Worked fine 2 weeks ago when I used it. I will check when I get home from work if rear PTO will engage. I thought maybe the switch under the lever had gone bad.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

The switch is the safety switch to keep the starter from engaging if the pto is in gear. It does not keep the gears from engaging.