dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

I have a 7740sle tractor new holland the clutch is in or out

Customer Question

I have a 7740sle tractor new holland the clutch is in or out no easing it. The pto will stop after I use it for awhile? Then I turn the head lights on it will not shut off?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm still waiting for an answer .
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 month ago.

Are there any Error codes showing up on the right side of the Instrument Cluster?

Have you calibrated the transmission lately?

On the forward Neutral Reverse lever does it have a push button

I have attached the Transmission Calibration . If yours doesn't have the push button you will not be able to do the last calibration

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It shows CP every once in awhile but not all the time? Yes it's been calibrated I have a service manual that tells me how to calibrate.
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 month ago.

Does the Alternator light come on?

When you turn on the headlights, What will not shut off? the PTO? or the tractor?

Expert:  dd85 replied 1 month ago.

At the top of the Clutch pedal there is a switch, How far from all the way down does the switch click?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the alternated light isn't on. When I turn lights on that lets me use the PTO and if I'm bush hogging and I turn off the lights it stop. Turn the lights on it will run the whole time I'm hogging. When tractor gets warm after a hour or so that's when I have to turn lights on to get the PTO to stay running. The clutch switch clicks around half way down on pedal
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 month ago.

Loosen the switch screws, then push the pedal down until 1/4 inch from all the way down. Set the switch to click at that position.