Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

It is Sunday, so not rush. But please respond only by email

Customer Question

It is Sunday, so not rush. But please respond only by email with answers to the specific questions that follow. I do not look at my email but ounce/day.I broke coupler on the PTO of my Kabota Tractor L2650; drained the UDT hydraulic fluid in the transmission, split the transmission and fixed it. After refilling the transmission with UDT I briefly checked that everything was working (bucket and PTO) OK. They seem to.
However, I added by mistake 2 gallons of engine oil of the 7.8 gallons of UDT required to refill the transmission (that's 2 gallons of engine out 5.8 gallons of UDT for total of 7.8 gallons).1. Has damage been done, as I only tested the transmission briefly before realizing what had been done?2. What should I do now?My present plan is to drain and replace the transmission fluid with known UDT, and not use the transmission (bucket, pto etc) until next Spring.3. Do you agree?4. Or is it OK to wait?5. Alternatively, if all the power equipment hooked to the transmission works is it necessary to do this at all? Two gallons of engine oil out of the 7.6 gallons of the transmission UDT required seems like a lot of oil in the transmission.Thank you.***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

The engine oil will NOT damage the transmission. Just drain it and replace the filter, if you have already cranked it. Otherwise just drain and refill with the correct UDT oil.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

You can leave it, but I would replace it as soon as I could. The engine oil has a different wear package of additives and ok for engine, but not so good for protecting transmission.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Boy Curtis, That's good news. And, thanks. Elliot
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you! Please use the 5 star rating system to close and get me credit!