Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 1970 deere 820 that the draftlinks wont go

Customer Question

i have a 1970 john deere 820 that the draftlinks wont go completly down or up. the lift picks up the implement but wont make a completl cycle up or down thanks jud
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: serial no.(###) ###-####820 utility
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and i have only had tractor for a few days and it works the bushhog good but will not lift enough . i will do what i can i changed the lift arms one spline on the rockshaft and it picked up more but i then diconnected the draft links and saw that it would not then go down as far. i also have 1992 2155 that is similar the lift arms on it travel form about eleven oclock down too about eight if viewed from right rear wheel
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the load and depth lever has no effect
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I see this has sat for a few days while I was away. I don’t work on these normally, but can try to assist where possible if you still need assistance with it. I might have access to manuals for this and can guide that way. Do you still need assistance with this question? Please let me know.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy