Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have been offered a Kubota tractor, model FT200A,

Customer Question

I have been offered a Kubota tractor , model FT200A, apparently new in 2008. It has a towed mower attachment and I shall need to get a font end loader and a towed leveller for it. My questions are these: 1. What can you tell me about this model/ And 2, will I be able to source other tools?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Charles Cousins
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

FT200A, is not a Kubota model number. Is this a loader frame number? No numbers on the hood of the unit? Any numbers on the mower that may help identify the unit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Curtis. I discovered of course that it is a Europard (Foton?) from China!! Its priced at €5,ooo ono and looks to be clean. But Chinese? What's your thinking?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PS I'm in France and only have a UK mobile. Let's stick to email for the moment. Charles
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Nothing I am familiar with. Foton is Chinese government tractor brand. What comes to mid to me, is the lack of parts support. Do you have a source for basic parts, filters, etc?