Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 950 Deere- strats when cold, runs good for about

Customer Question

I have a 950 John Deere- strats when cold, runs good for about 10-15 minutes and then starts starving for fuel. No fuel out of return line and barely idles- some times.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Cracked injector lines loose and barely get any fuel out when cranking. New fuel filter and all new fuel hoses tank to pump
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

950 Deere compact tractor . Check the return line fitting on the injection pump cover, this should be a check valve, if check valve is plugged, engine dies from pressure buildup in the housing. Does engine kill with key or does it kill with throttle when you throttle it back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It gradually loses power and eventually stalls out.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can crank over and it will barely runs and again stalls out
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Fuel is gravity feed from the tank to the filter, to the injection pup. Do you have good fuel flow to the injection pump when the engine stalls?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is. I have replace both fuel hoses- tank to filter and filter to pump
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried a line direct from another fuel container, to the fuel injection pump inlet, bypassing the tank and lines between tank and injection pump. From many years of diesel experience, It always comes back to fuel starvation, .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Been there done that also- same results. Still acts as if there is no fuel from injection pump--- Has about 2800 hrs on engine and as far as I know is original pump.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 month ago.

see nothing on 950 compact, that looks to be engine kill solenoid, just the throttle for engine kill ?? These pump types are not the kind that quits while running. Return lines are open?