Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

Have deere 8360R getting the following msgs, xsc 523329.14,

have john deere 8360R getting the following msgs
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: xsc 523329.14
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced wheel angle sensor on front left axle tractor has ILS front suspension
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: also getting msg about low pressure on steering pump

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.

Ok so the code that you provided indicates a general steering system malfunction. This could indicate a steering valve fault, steering wheel input sensor, harness short, or wheel angle sensor issue. In short there should be another code in the background that is more specific to the fault. I would like to have you clear the XSC stored fault codes and then operate the tractor until the fault re-occurs. Once the code reoccurs we can go back in and see what other code was specific to the fault. The following steps will walk you through clearing the stored codes.

1. Press the menu button in the lower left corner of your command center display.
  2. Select the "Message Center" icon shown as the green "I".
  3. Select the book with the wrench shown as the third icon down on the right side.
  4. If needed scroll down until you find the message that says XSC Has codes and select it.
  5. The stored codes will be listed, there may be several.
  6. Press the two // lines at the bottom of the screen to clear the stored codes.

Now with the codes cleared you can operate the tractor until the code returns. Repeat steps 1 thru 5 and record the stored codes and let me know what they are. We can then narrow down the source of the fault from there.

Let me know when you get time.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The first pictures shows codes before I cleared. Then after clearing codes I drove tractor for about 45 minutes and got codes in second picture

Thank you for the pictures. So the 522786.01 fault code is indicating that the main pump pressure is too low. The steering controller sees that the pressure is too low and then sets the other generic code indicating that there is a steering fault. If your tractors manual steering is working like it should then you need to replace the main hydraulic pressure sensor 1. Once the steering controller can verify that there is pressure there then it should go back to working.

The Hydraulic pressure sensor 1 is located on the right side of the tractor just ahead of the rear final drive on the square distribution block. The sensor is the only one that sticks out the side and is located on the lower right corner pointing towards the tire. The wires going to it will be one yellow, one blue, and one green wire.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your help however the manual steering is not working properly it is very hard to turn. Unless you turn very slowly. All other hydraulics seem to work ok

Ok, so in order to sort out the cause of the hydraulic problem you are going to need a 5000 psi gauge, hose, and DR coupler fitting. There are a few basic hydraulic tests that we need to perform to verify what hydraulic component is causing the problem. Most of the time it is the pump compensator valve or the load sense shuttle check valve.

If you have the needed test equipment let me know and I will walk you through the test procedure to sort out the problem.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is DR coupler

The DR coupler is the female coupler that fits the flat test ports that the tractor is equipped with.

Keep me posted,

Kevin