Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

Mf 245 got idea to check hydraulic filter. after pulling pto

Customer Question

mf 245 got idea to check hydraulic filter. after pulling pto shift lever cover, i tried to remove filter, could not. crawled under tractor. i found a plate with 3 bolts removed them and there was the filter removed on nut and filter slipped out easy easy. now have the problem of replacing pto shift lever and cover all one piece. i did so but PTO not working. How can i tell if I have it on properly. ***@******.***
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

See the link below, This is the stranded pto , mechanical type and the end of the lever, goes in the groove of the # 7 sliding gear. You can feel the lever tip engaging the groove, with the lever in the groove, you can put a couple of test bolts in and be sure the lever moves the shift collar.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 12 days ago.

Opps, I think it is the # 4 gear gear that moves, but you can see the sliding part with the cover off!