Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

Deere 5105 tractor ..lost power steering...front end loader

Customer Question

deere 5105 tractor ..lost power steering...front end loader not working rear lift not working. what and how to check
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: tractor is one hour away and heading there soon. wish to know what to check and what to bring on trip...
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not now
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 19 days ago.

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 19 days ago.

All functions run off of same hydraulic pump. Either pump drive has failed, or the suction side of the pump has lost seal, and is sucking air. See pump link above.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 19 days ago.

Suction system shown above.