Bill McCusker
Bill McCusker, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at Rhode Island Harvesting Co

We have a 2014 Kubota B2650 HST tractor with front end

Customer Question

We have a 2014 Kubota B2650 HST tractor with front end loader. Has about 650 hours. Today it just quit running. Husband called the dealer and they suggested ha fuse. He found one blown and replaced it. Went back to work and it blew again. He replaced it and started trying to figure out why it was blowing. Here is what her discovered"" JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you? Customer: It does not blow when operating the hydrolics - up and down repeatedly.  It does not blow when just going forward - he drove it all around.  It does not blow when just going backward.  It blows every time he goes forward and then immediately backs up - he is leveling a spot.  He feels that it is the hydrostat switch but when he called the dealer and talked to their mechanic - he said the switch was fine and that a rat had probably chewed the wires.

Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bill McCusker replied 18 days ago.
Hello my name is***** do what I can to help you please give me a min to look up the information

So i am have to agree with the mechanic. You have something grounding out. Either its a saftey switch wire that is grounding out or a loose wire causing a wire to short out.